The seminar will provide participants with an overview of the key physiological principles of human movement and explain why understanding the integration between them is important in effectively coaching movement through calisthenics.
The team will introduce the School of Calisthenics Framework that will provide you with a road map to coach any bodyweight movement. This will include how to effectively prepare for a calisthenics session in order to optimise movement quality, skill acquisition allowing clients to move in new ways and strength development.
We’ll also explore the potential that calisthenics has to improve overall human movement along how it can enhance stability and performance of the upper limbs. Participants will be equipped to apply this knowledge to support a wide variety of client demographics and improve results in a range of training formats or environments, whether that be sports performance or health and fitness.
The seminar will feature blend of theoretical presentation and practical training through which you will develop your own calisthenics training.
- An overview of the key principles of human movement including the kinetic chain, fascial system and movement slings
- Enhancing kinetic chain integration using calisthenics
- Using closed kinetic chain exercises to enhance shoulder robustness and performance
- Screening and assessing clients and athletes for calisthenics training
- Skill acquisition and motor learning as it relates to learning to move in new ways
- Strength development in bodyweight movements
- Applying the School of Calisthenics Framework to a range of calisthenics movements
- Creating a progressive calisthenics training environment
- Develop your personal calisthenics training competency
UPDATE: The 2018 Coaching Calisthenics Seminar sold out in 3 days so we’ll be adding more dates for 2019 very soon.