Movement & Mobility Workshop 10:30am (2.5 hrs)
Join Georgie & Jacko for this 2.5hrs Movement & Mobility workshop and learn how to self assess your own Movement & Mobility, how to to use different techniques to improve it, have drills to exercise to use at home for the shoulder, spine, hips and ankles to improve your full body mobility and movement capacity.
- Theory and philosophy on mobility, what it is and how we improve it – including specific techniques you can start using straight away.
- Test – Retests procedure – understand how to test specific joints and movement patterns to track your progress and know what works for you and your body
- Importance of breath in mobility training – learn correct breathing mechanics and how to use the breath to relax and create range of motion.
- Full body mobility drills & exercises – develop body awareness, control and mobility through the full body as we go through neck, shoulders, spine, hips, ankles and feet.
- Mobility strengthening exercises – exercises to develop stability and strength in end ranges of motion so you keep the mobility improvements you make session by session.
- Develop mobility for specific movements – improving mobility for things like; bridges, pancake and lower body movements like pistol, shrimp and cossack squats
- Access to video tutorials within the Virtual Classroom after the workshop has finished so you can follow along and remind yourself of the specific mobility exercises and drills covered/
- All levels and abilities welcome
Beginners Workshop // 2pm (2.5 hrs)
In the 2.5 hour Workshop you will learn all the basic foundation movements to help you get started on your calisthenics journey and therefore all levels and abilities are welcome, even if you’ve done no calisthenics before!
At the School of Calisthenics we love teaching people new things and are passionate about helping others start their calisthenics Journey! During we’ll teach you all the fundamental principles of calisthenics training and introduce the unique School of Calisthenics Framework explaining the sports science and human movement behind what you’re going to learn.
Maybe you want to come and do both workshops? Lots of people come for the whole day so you won’t be the only one hanging out with us all day?
Here’s what some previous students have said;
“Fun, engaging and great for all training levels” – Phil Spalding
“A fresh outlook on strength with a focus on movement, great for setting goals!” – Hollie Bottrill
“Applicable to all abilities, takes you back to the necessary basics! Awesome Class!” – Kim Dennis
“It was awesome! Thank you! Great to learn about the techniques and science behind some very awesome moves!” – Siobhan Cervin
“Great tips to build strength and made hard movements seem much more achievable” – Hailey Flee
“Workshop was spot on! Learn and good progressions, with everyone leaving with an achievement and something to work on!” – Chris Pettet