Learn how to do a Handstand
Do you remember those long summer days, playing outside as a child? The sun gently warming your skin, the feeling of grass and sand between your toes… For many of us, handstands were so much easier back then. It was just part of playing outside and having fun.
And then… you became an adult. Somewhere along the way fear crept in and being upside down got kinda scary, your wrists got weak, you became stuck in monotonous ‘socially acceptable’ training regimes and what once was so easy, now feels almost impossible. The fun you used to have as a kid just seemed to disappear.
The good news is that it doesn’t have to be that way.
- Imagine being able to hold your entire bodyweight on your hands for 5, 10, 30 seconds or more.
- Imaging moving and training in a new way where you get strong and have a lot of fun along the way.
- Imagine the confidence you’ll feel in yourself and your body, not to mention how cool it’ll look, as you hold one of the most respected and popular skills out there.
Handstands can be very frustrating if you don’t have a solid plan to gain the strength, balance, coordination and mobility needed to get upside down and hold yourself there. Maybe:
- you’ve been dabbling at handstands for a while, but keep getting frustrated you’re not seeing the progress you want,
- you’re a total beginner and scared of going upside down,
- you’ve been working on handstands for a while, but your back still looks like a banana no matter what you try,
- you want to be strong, have more stability, awareness and generally improve your overall quality of movement.
If so, you’re in the right place.
Introducing the School of Calisthenics Virtual Classroom: Handstand Training Programme
The best resource on the planet for people who want to learn how to do a handstand, move better and have more fun training bodyweight movements.
Week-by-week training workouts
Step-by-step, progressive training workouts that walk you all the way from complete beginner to fully achieving handstands.
Video coaching tutorials
An extensive video library of tutorials with specific coaching cues to help you push through sticking points and address any fears you might have.
Five different handstand assessments (one for each module) along the way to help keep you on track and show you what you specifically need to work on from troubleshooting your mobility to increasing how long you can hold a handstand for.
Get accountability, help, encouragement and support from our community so you’ll never feel stuck, frustrated or alone again.
Connect your mind and body
Improve posture, shoulder health, wrist strength, stability, quality of movement, mindset and general wellbeing.
We know everyone’s journey to the handstand is unique.
That’s why we built the Virtual Classroom to be the best online calisthenics resource out there. It’s as close as you can get to having world-class coaches by your side, who break down every step, give you encouragement and help you push through YOUR sticking points.
Even after all the hours we spent building videos, training workouts, tutorials, assessments, and webinars, we knew we wanted to do more. That’s why, if you become a member, you’ll also be joining a unique community of people all working towards their own handstand.
The coaches and the community are there to help each other redefine their impossibles. And they’re there to help you too.
This is YOUR journey. It’s totally unique. And, we want to help you every step of the way.
Learn how to do a handstand