SCHOOL OF CALISTHENICS
School of Calisthenics is a Limited Company, registered in England and Wales under Company No. 11022642.
School of Calisthenics
35 Edison Way
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018
There are governing principles that must be followed in relation to the processing of data about individuals including that data be:
- Processed lawfully
- Collected for a specific purpose
- Relevant and necessary
- Correct and up to date
- Kept no longer than needed
- Processed in accordance with individual’s rights
- Kept securely
- Not be shared outside EEA without verifying adequate level of protection
What information do we hold?
Information you give us: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site schoolofcalisthenics.com or third party online form service providers such as Google Forms, or by getting in touch with us by phone, email, social media or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, report a problem on our site or send us stories of your training progress. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, personal description, photographs and/or video, and financial and credit card information. We may also hold additional personal information that you have told us about your health and training habits to help us ensure we provide the best care and service we can.
Information we collect about you: With regards to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources: We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including payment and delivery services) and may receive information about you from them.
Why do we hold data?
Personal data is collected and used for a variety of reasons:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us to provide you with the information, products and services you request from us.
- To give you information about school news, and other goods and services we offer that are similar to those you’ve already purchased or asked us about.
- To give you, or permitted third parties to provide you with, information about goods and services we feel may interest you.
- To let you know of changes to our service.
- To ensure the content from our site is presented in the most effective way for you and your device.
How will we use your data?
If you’re an existing customer, we’ll only contact you by electronic means (email or text) with information about school news and goods or services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
If you’re a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they), will contact you by electronic means only if you’ve consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please ensure the relevant box on the form where we collect your data is not ticked.
We’ll also use your data:
- To administer our site for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods and services that may interest you or them.
Uses of the information we get from other sources
We may combine information using the information you give us and the information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the type of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If School of Calisthenics or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If School of Calisthenics is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions to protect the rights, property, or safety of School of Calisthenics, our customers or others.
Where do we store your personal data
We’re committed to hold your personal data securely. Only authorised individuals that need to see the data can access it. We may store your information on computers (hard drives, cloud-based storage) and secure servers. All computers that store any personal information are password protected.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you’re responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we’ll do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we’ve received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What is our legal basis for processing your data?
Our legal basis for processing your personal data is different depending on the purpose it was collected for. The following list covers the main types of data we hold, for a full list please contact us.
- Data collected to keep you informed about school news, and other goods or services we offer that are similar to those you’ve already purchased or asked us about is held via consent.
- Data collected through our shop or other means for the purpose of carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us is held for the contractual obligation or for our and your legitimate interest.
- Data held to give you, or permitted third parties to provide you with, information about goods and services we feel may interest you is held for your and our legitimate interest.
- Data held to let you know of changes to our services is held for your and our legitimate interest.
How long do we hold your data?
The length of time that we’ll keep your data will vary depending on the purpose for which it is processed.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of rights about how your data is processed. Full details of your personal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Your rights include the right to:
- Request access to the data we hold about you.
- Have inaccurate and incomplete data rectified.
- Have the personal data we hold on you deleted (except where we are required to hold the data by law and where there is a legitimate interest to withhold it).
- To restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Data that is held on consent will only be processed as long as we have your consent. To withdraw your consent you can unsubscribe at anytime from email communication you receive from us or contact us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data including the use of encryption technology where appropriate, but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of working online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent.
If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer and you wish to block our Site cookies, you can perform the following:
- On your browser tools menu, select ‘Internet Options’
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and then on the ‘Edit’ button
- Type into the ‘Address of website’ field: schoolofcalisthenics.com
- Click on the ‘Block’ button
- Click on the OK button
- Other browsers have similar cookie management abilities somewhere in their preferences settings. Please refer to yourbrowser’s ‘Help’ facility.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our site. The cookies collect information anonymously, including the number of visitors to our site, where visitors have come to our site from and the pages they have visited. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve our site.
For more information about data protection legislation, please visit ico.org.uk
new coaching course
movement + mobility
6 Live sessions + on demand
Lifetime access to course content
50+ Video tutorials on demand
Special discount for members
Starts 29th September
PLACES LIMITED - BOOK NOW
PLACES LIMITED - BOOK NOW